Spring is finally here, and with it the bright colors and flavors of my favorite season. Pair this pesto with gourmet crackers or toasted baguette as a snack/appetizer or turn it into a meal by tossing with your favorite pasta and veggies like peas, asparagus or broccoli.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Zest from 1/2 a lemon
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large food processor and process until texture is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & enjoy!