These yummy peanut butter ‘cookies’ are a great snackable for tiny travelers. I use the term cookie liberally because these contain no sugar, eggs, gluten or other common cookie culprits. Just good stuff like all-natural peanut butter, ripe bananas and whole grain oats.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax mixed with 6 tablespoons water (allow to sit 5 – 10 minutes while you prep the rest)
- 2 cups quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
- pinch salt (optional)
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In another mixing bowl, stir together the wet ingredients, adding the flax mixture last.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures then gently fold in the raisins.
- Use spoons to drop each cookie onto a parchment lined baking sheet or shape each cookie by hand. Place in the oven and bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Paige adores these cookies and since they’re made from wholesome ingredients, we’re happy to oblige. They’ve saved us on numerous rushed mornings before school/work and they make a great outing/travel accompaniment.