Recovering from an achy tummy? So are two thirds of us in the P, B & J household. While this soup won’t ward off gastro and other stomach ailments, it sure makes a comforting recovery food. Plus, if you’re on the mend too, you’ll actually have the energy to make it; this recipe is as simple as it gets.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups veggie stock
- Handful fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat; add the onion and carrots, saute until the onions are soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the 4 cups veggie stock and diced sweet potato, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft and easy to pierce with a fork.
- Remove pot from heat source and use an immersion blender to cream the soup. Season with salt and pepper, ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro if using.
Mild in flavour and mild on your system, this soup features a snap of ginger known for it’s tummy-easing properties. Serve with plain toast and ample amount of TLC. My tummy feels better already :).