It’s Monday morning and you need to make breakfast, stat! Forget recipes, you need a parent hack.
Serves 1 baby and 1 adult
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- all natural nut butter, to taste ( I used MaraNatha peanut butter)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Pop the bread into the toaster
- Mash the banana with the back of a fork
- For baby, scrape a thin layer of nut butter onto 1 slice of toast and top with banana mash. Cut into fingers and serve.
- You need to eat too. Slather the second slice with nut butter and top with remaining banana. Chow down.
Baby will love this because it’s tasty and fun to pick up with little fingers. You’ll love it because it’ll leave both of you feeling full for longer than Cheerios. Nutritionally, it’s a great morning choice; it’s packed with protein and fiber and also contributes to your daily iron needs. Boom.