Paige LOVES cucumbers and this shredded cuke salad is perfect for those among us with few teeth! It’s also super speedy to put together so mom loves it too.
Recipe makes enough for baby plus 2 side-salad portions for mom and dad.
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped chives
- 3 heaping tablespoons full-fat Greek yogourt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Coarsely shred the cucumber using the larger sized holes of a cheese grater. Allow shredded cucumber to sit in a colander while you chop the fresh herbs.
- Whisk together herbs, yogourt, olive oil and apple cider vinegar in a medium-sized bowl. Press shredded cucumber into bottom of colander to remove any excess liquid. Add cucumber to dressing and toss to combine. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste.
While salt isn’t recommended for children under 1, it sure is tasty for the rest of the family. Just set baby’s portion aside and salt the rest to taste.
Cucumber isn’t exactly nutrient dense but this recipe does have some nutritional value. Greek yogourt is high in protein and you’ll also get some vitamin B-12 out of the deal. Plus, it’s oh-so-refreshing.